Full Time Exempt Position
The Accounting Manager has overall responsibility for the finances and financial strategy of West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation and its affiliates. Working as a collaborative leader, the Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and reporting on all fiscal and fiduciary affairs of the organization, including reporting to grantors, lenders, government agencies; cash and investment management; budgeting and forecasting; and managing the day to day operations of the department.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Executive Director to assure that operations and growth are supported using different sources of funds and to assume a strategic role in the overall fiscal management of the company. The Accounting Manager will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, forecasting, strategic planning, and grant finance management.
- Presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the company
- Understanding the present financial condition and managing the organizational budget
- Ensures credibility of West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets
- Provides executive director strategies on the financial implications of business
- Evaluates and advises on the financial impact on the introduction of new programs, strategies and regulatory action.
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting
- Directs and oversees all aspects of accounting functions
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and in compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Enters data into an accounting system, collects and applies cash receipts
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversees internal controls and year end audits
- Maintains the general ledger, posts journal entries as necessary and prepares variance analyses monthly.
- Responsible for the processing of payroll and allocation to funding streams
- Monitors A/P and A/R, and performs reconciliation functions
- Works with Program Managers on the development of program budgets
- Monitor Asset Management financials to ensure sound financial practices
- Coordinates with property managers to review annual operating budgets.
- Handles special projects as necessary and all duties assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience
- Experience with nonprofit financial structures required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial leadership position
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office & accounting software Peachtree & QuickBooks
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standard, laws and regulations
- BS in Accounting or Finance highly desirable
- Must pass background check (BCI)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to satisfactory perform essential duties.
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to logically resolve problem situations and develop alternative solutions when faced with obstacles; use innovative ideas to resolve problems and develop effective solutions, take responsibility for actions.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in collaboration with multiple staff and partners
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented
- Must be organized and effectively manage time and commitments.
- Ability to effectively carryout the mission and philosophy of WEHDC and demonstrate a willingness to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multiple constituents
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to Jinnocent@westelmwood.org