Dunamis Synergy Family Coach
Exempt Salaried Full Time – 35 Hours a week
Dunamis Synergy is a new initiative to support expectant and parenting teens and students ages 15-24 years old, and their children, as they strive together to achieve their educational potential and establish a legacy of prosperity that passes from one generation to the next.
Dunamis Synergy comprehensive two generation service model, will complement and leverage existing efforts to address the needs of Rhode Island families and increase college access, persistence, and completion in the state. West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation is seeking Full Time Family Coaches who will work directly with expectant and parenting teens, students, and their families.
· Assess current needs and use of resources among expectant and parenting teens and students.
· Provide counseling to expectant and parenting teens on matters related to gaining access to postsecondary.
· Support expectant and parenting teens transition into postsecondary
· Provide referrals and empower students to leverage existing resources at the institutions of higher education and within the community
· Assess, understand, and document situational, dispositional and situational barriers that prevent students and persistence in postsecondary
· Empower individuals to identify and gain access to resources to meet their and their family’s specific needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain client case records, plans and reports; compile data for statistical purposes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services, education or related field
· Experience in direct service with adolescents or young adults
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
· Previous lived experience as a young parent or parenting secondary or post-secondary student is strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High level of interpersonal skills and excellent writing and oral communication skills.
· Ability to utilize personal experiences to enhance support to families while maintaining professional boundaries.
· Knowledge of public education system, community resources and higher education preferred.
· Bilingual skills are strongly desired.
· Ability to effectively work independently and in collaboration with multiple staff and partners.
· Ability to logically resolve problem situations and develop alternative solutions when faced with obstacles
· Must possess the ability to multitask and prioritize time and activities.
· Must be organized and effectively manage time and commitments.
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to email@example.com. Please include “Dunamis Synergy Family Coach” in the e-mail subject line.