ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Executive Director
Full Time Exempt Position
The Administrative Support Specialist will organize, coordinate office administration and procedures to ensure organizational, effectiveness and efficiency. This role is also responsible for performing HR-related duties and supports the Executive Team. The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for customer service to the public and other stakeholders, thus ensuring discretion and confidentiality consistent with policies.
- Work with project leads to assist with data collection and reporting requirements
- Update health and safety policies and the postings of labor requirements as needed to ensure compliance
- Monitor and restock office supplies, replenish postage meter and process online purchasing as needed
- Maintain inventory of all office equipment
- Oversee mail and e-statement distribution, ensure accurate invoice processing for finance. Record all checks, and forward to finance for bank deposits preparation
- Responsible for employee on-boarding. Maintain positive employee relations, support performance management with supervisors. Oversee employee recruitment/employment and employment compliance
- Monitor security measures including management of all keys and alarm system
- Assist with the reconciliation of fees and receipts for services rendered. Ensure accurate invoice processing and check preparation for finance.
- Assist in the development, updating and implementation of agency policies and procedures including operations manual and employee handbook.
- Update and maintain agency calendar and tickler file
- Coordinate and prepare for Board meetings, which may include event preparation and planning. Prepare meeting notices and record meeting minutes
- Coordinate travel for staff as required
- Assist Executive Director with scheduling meetings
- Update and maintain filing systems (paper and electronic) to ensure that these systems are up to date. Oversee transfer and disposal of records per retention schedules and policies.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide direction and training
- The ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work independently
- The ability to analyze and make decisions and/or recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with representatives from diverse races, religion and cultural backgrounds.
- Minimum two years’ office administration or managerial experience.
- High school diploma/GED required. Some college education preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Transportation and insurance required
- Normal office environment
- Some evenings and weekends required
- Local travel is typical
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on December 3rd. Please include “Administrative Support Specialist” in the email subject line.
West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. WEHDC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Rhode Island